Science Fair

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Science Fair Proposal

Problem:
Which substance help break down fat molecules best?

Background:
Why are you interested in this project? What information do you have & where did you get it?
I want to find a way to takeaway some fat from what you are eating. Trying out this experiment would help me discover what type of drinking liquids would bring away some of the fat you had just absorbed. Many people say that drinking certain liquids could help them feel less oily after a meal. I want to experiment, which liquids actually work and which doesn’t.

Has anyone done this project before & what did they find out? How are you going to extend it into something different?
There could be some experiments that are similar to the one that I am doing. I could further extend this project into something different by focusing on the liquid that worked best and investigating deeper into why this method worked. I could try increasing the amount of liquid used to eliminate the fat or I could attempt to use another liquid that has similar chemical structure to this liquid.

Purpose:
What are you trying to find out?
I’m trying to find out which liquid is better at breaking down fat.

Hypothesis:
What results are you expecting?
I believe vinegar would break down fat best because acids could break down fat (correct me if I’m wrong), since vinegar is acidic therefore vinegar would break fat.

What is your control?
● Water (H2O)

What is your variable?
● The different liquids I’m testing with

Materials:
● A block of solid fat
● A variety of liquids (coffee, tea, vinegar, milk, etc.)
● Bowls
● Scale/measuring cup (measuring the fat)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home